Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday!



The day is finally here! I wanted to honor you today Jess, by publicly affirming you - the wife and mother and woman that you are.
            Many have gotten to know you through spending time with you throughout the years whether it was through school, church, missions, or work, but only I have the privilege to know you as husband for this short time that we have on this earth.

So here are just a few things that I love about my wife:
I love that she lives life with no regrets. Each life decision, carefully pored over, prayed over, trusting in the sovereign plan of God. I love that she seeks the wisdom of God through scripture, from books written by Christians much wiser and more experienced in their faith than her, from women in the church who are wiser. I love that she is wise. I love that she considers others better than herself. I admire the fact that she means what she says, and that her commitments are true, and for life. I admire her work ethic, her love for reading and writing; I admire her depth. I love that each day I learn something new about her, not because she is changing, but because there are many layers that I have the privilege of pealing back and discovering more reasons why I am so madly in love with this woman. I respect her because although she could have chosen from a million other men much better looking and with much more money, she chose me; and although she could have chosen a career and all of the luxuries life has to offer, she choses to devote her life to at-home-motherhood, even when it is costly and the rewards require patience and faith. I love she walks the narrow path, which is Jesus Christ, and lives her life to display his glory and to point others to Christ, including myself, as she walks through the narrow gate which leads to life.
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” Mathew 7:13-14

Happy 30th Birthday my love.

PS- Did I mention she is silly at times? Ya, I love that too :-)

1 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Happy Birthday!

The thirties are better than the twenties. :-)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0