Friday, February 24, 2012

and just like that, the boy is weaned.

IMG_5714




I know all of our routines are an ever changing lot but this one
this one has been with us since the hour he was born
from that first sleepy suck to last night

I almost can't imagine a new routine that doesn't include nursing bras

As he laid on my pillowed lap last night I knew it was time.

an anticlimactic end to a year + a week of nursing.
as he finished he looked up at me and touched my nose, giggled, then yawned
in that moment I made up my mind - this would be the last night
and just like that, we were done.


I gave him a hug and a kiss like every night, but unlike most, 
last night I whispered in his ear "thank you for letting me nurse you this long."
and then we walked across the hall to his room and I laid him in his bed.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0