Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions, a follow-up to an ambiguous post

I told you I wasn’t going to write about my {resolutions}until I have completed them, but some are ongoing and won’t technically be “completed” until the end of the year, so I thought that it may be nice to share what I’m up to.

Last week when we were on that {date}I wrote about earlier, (the one with the sushi incident and the wonderful bookstore visit), Curtis bought me two books that I was coveting:

{The Daily Writer}


and {The Daily Reader}


I thought they would be great books to start off the New Year. Both are comprised of short daily passages, writing prompts and ideas, designed to inspire. So far they have both been wonderful , however I have not been too impressed by the excerpts chosen from The Daily Reader yet. The Daily Writer, however, has really gotten my creative juices flowing – but I will post more on that later.

I have also started reading {this} every day in an attempt to bring poetry back into my daily life. I have been pleasantly surprised with the their choices so far and it has been a much-needed respite in the midst of some hectic, post-holiday work days. This too has been sparking my creativity.

Something is stirring within me and feeling hopeful that it will continue far past January, when most new sparks start to fizzle and fade.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0