Sunday, December 13, 2009

P90X

IMG_3724

I got out of bed this morning – the first day in over a week that i haven't been sore.


We are doing the P90X workout program together and by the eighth day I am feeling so much better... no longer feeling every muscle in my body contracting and expanding as I move throughout the day.


I must say though, we are enjoying it. It was a long, painful week, but I now remember how good it feels to push myself past the limits and sweat until my body burns and throbs and twitches.


Sunday is a day of rest - or you can choose to do an hour's worth of stretching. we choose the stretching and carry on.


This past week, however, has been a blur –

between working and working out and eating and sleeping, there hasn’t been time for much else.

Or maybe my body was aching too much for anything else?


Whatever the reason, the fact that I rarely see the sun between Monday and Friday is wearing on me. Weekends are sweeter, yes, but the weeks are long and endless.


Doesn’t winter know I have gifts to knit and buy and make and wrap

And a to do list that takes up both sides of a big sticky note

And a google reader filled to the brim of unread posts.

And I have a life outside of working hours.


And all I want to do is curl up with my laptop on my lap and read blogs and read books and be lazy and warm.

this is what winter is good for... curling up and laying low.


But instead, i tie up my sneakers and push back the couch and do some stretching to start off another week on the right foot.


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0