Tuesday, November 17, 2009

two kidneys...check

IMG_3357

Would you like me to explain?


okay, if you insist.

Today i had my followup apt to discuss next steps with my gynecologist.

After one last post coital exam that came back ideal, i was scheduled for a spur-of-the-moment ultrasound to look at my kidneys.

Why, you ask?

Because it's very common in women with a unicornuate uterus to have only one kidney too. Often when they find that the uterus is underdeveloped, there is a high likelihood that other organs around that area are too.

So, unfortunately my first ultrasound did not occur in order to see a little baby in my belly, but i did find out that i do, in fact, have two kidneys in tact!

So what next?

Well, we're going to wait and try and wait some more.

He and I both agreed that there is no need to rush to the next step.

He suggested that we now try and wait and try some more {for about 3-4 more months} and if nothing still, we will move forward and i will have a laparoscopy.

And what's a laparoscopy you ask?

Simply stated, a laparoscopy is a procedure where they put a little telescope through your belly button to check out your insides. {this time i'll be put to sleep, which i'm actually pretty relieved about}. While in there, they can also do some other procedures too, if needed, but we're not there yet, so no need to fret.

All in all, it was a good apt.

I've been told many times to breathe, relax and enjoy the process...and although we are having an on-again, off-again love affair with this entire process, i really am trying to take that advice and just enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

(side note: this looks like the walk-through by Kingston/Princeton area.... I used to live on Kingston and man I miss taking walks around there!!!!! sigh....)

Oh, and yay for two kidneys!!! :)

jess said...

sure is!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0