Monday, June 22, 2009

skies & trees

I just loved this when I saw it {here} by {katie baum}.

 

This summer I’ve had quite an obsession with taking pictures of trees and skies…

Last summer it was feet – although I still take those shots often enough.

 

There’s nothing like the sunrises and sunsets I was lucky enough to witness in my time spent in Africa.

They were of a different caliber altogether…

But since I’m on the other side of the world now, I’ve readjusted my expectations and have grown quite a fondness for the city skies that I live under.

 

On a quiet and clear night, the sky is still dark {although not as black as in our small village town}

and stars are still visible {although you can’t point out every constellations with the tip of your finger}

but this is my home and these are familiar skies

familiar trees

familiar stars that sprinkle the sky when you’re lucky.

And I am lucky,

one lucky girl.

 

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0