Tuesday, April 14, 2009

one step forward, one step back



the first half of april was like a whirlwind…
we are in a transitional phase in many aspects…
figuring out next steps, making sense of last steps…
life is one big staircase thesedays, it seems.

We have been very busy…at work, at home, with life in general.
With wisdom teeth removal and easter and house appraisals and just stuff that pops up last minute,
there’s been a lot going on lately…
Seems there’s little rest for the weary
When all I want to do is bring a big stack of books down on the couch with me
And read all day long,
Then write for another day,
Then sleep for another,
Then make something pretty.
It would take about a week…I think,
To simmer down and learn to breathe slowly again.

But I’ll settle for tonight.
The mr. will be at class and I’ll have the house to myself.
And I’m not going to clean, or cook or pay bills or do laundry
{I did all that stuff last night}

I’m going to put sweats on and read until my eyes hurt
Then read a little more to the light of my neglected book light.

On my reading list tonight:
The Red Tent – Anita Diamant {which i am loving}
Herself – Madeleine L’Engle
Psalms – David
Walking on Water - Madeleine L'Engle
lots and lots of blogs

have a good night all - i know i will

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0