Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aquabib:



Aquabib:
n.
“water-drinker”

If there is a word to adopt that describes me it’s “aquabib”
On average I drink about 80-100 oz. of water per day.
That’s about 12, 8 oz. cups of water per day.

But I don’t drink water by the juice glass
I drink it by the waterbottle – the 24 oz. Camelbak waterbottle I keep at work - to be exact
And then by the 30 oz. cup I love at home. I have three of them actually
A pink one, a green one and a blue one. They’re the perfect size. Filled with a tray’s worth of ice cubes and then an ocean’s worth of water.

I would describe myself as an aquabib for sure.
I carry water with me everywhere…every car ride, every night to bed, every meeting I go to…
I believe that great multitudes of water drunken daily flushes all the toxins and germs out of my system
So when Curtis complains about any sickness, whether it be a sore throat, sinus pain or stomach ache, my first response is always –
You need to drink more water.


On the weekends we spend a lot of time at coffee shops, as my husband is still in school and needs weekends to study.
I tag along, not wanting to give up our rare days together even though school gets in the way. I bring a book, some knitting, my journal and keep myself busy while he studies.
But all that starbucks hopping can get expensive.
So now, unless I’m craving an iced decalf or a chai, I’ve started ordering water. Not in a buy a $2 bottle of water kind of way – but a “Can I have a glass of ice water please?” sort of free way.
Yeah I’m cheap – so what?!

I love water – tap water, spring water, even well water (from the rains of east Africa)
With ice, lots and lots of ice
(that was one of the things I missed most when living in Africa – ice and cold drinks)
Hold the lemon – but give me lime or cucumber or orange slices.
And when I need a little fizz – hold the soda and give me seltzer.

Hmmmm, I’m thirsty….

So my advice if you’re sleepy or sick or hungry past dinnertime…
Drink more water!

1 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

holy crap. that's a LOT of water. I'm aiming for 2- 10oz glasses a day. And I typically fail at that!!! You've inspired me. I just like so many other drinks much better..... ugh.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0