Wednesday, December 12, 2007

craving creativity

lately, i've been craving creativity.
whatever it be - sewing, knitting, writing, photography...
yet instead of sitting down and actually doing something...
i'm soaking up what others are doing...like a sponge...
reading blogs, lingering over over thought out word, every post...
and continue to pout, and wish i had more time...
wishing i had full days off, alone in my house,
creating little treasures to keep and to share.

it's not that i haven't been busy,
but i haven't been too successful lately.
in the last two weeks i "knit" my first sweater.
thick green marino wool...
with oversized size 19 needles...
i had visions of curling up with a book on the couch
wrapped in my bulky handknit sweater...
it went quickly and was fairly simple,
the weave was loose, i thought it would be endearing to make it a little
oversided...
well, oversized it was indeed.
when all was said and done and i was finishing up the seams with my mom at her house...
we realized how big it really was...
needless to say, it ended up being too big even for my dad and
my mom spent the rest of the night unraveling the whole piece, to salvage the 30 dollars worth of yarn.

i also began to use my sewing machine a few weeks ago,
but soon after, i knew something was not right.
the small bobbin seamed out of line, unbalanced.
i eventually brought it in to be looked at and they told me they had to send it in to be fixed.
there went all my visions of delightfully small hand sewn gifts for christmas.
napkins and aprons and book covers...
that was nearly two weeks ago and it is yet to be fixed.

so instead i'm ready all my favorite blogs about what others are making...
and i sit here jealous and creatively frustrated.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0